What Iridium GO! can & can't do
What you CAN do with Iridium GO!
- Make / receive satellite voice calls directly from your smartphone
- Make / receive text messages from your smartphone
- Send / receive simple emails using Iridium Mail & Web (free) or SATTMail (premium) app (you can forward your Gmail emails to Iridium-assigned inbox and respond from there)
- Limited web browsing (BUT no interactive or media rich websites, no secure (https) websites)
- Use specialized apps such as weather alerts and routing (via PredictWind), etc.
What you CAN’T do with Iridium GO!
- CAN'T connect your laptop with free Iridium Mail & Web. Premium SATTMail software suite must be used for laptop connectivity.
- CAN'T directly access your Gmail account or similar webmail accounts. You can forward mail to your Iridium or SATTMail mail account.
- CAN'T use most of your smartphone/tablet apps that require broadband internet connection
- CAN'T access any modern secure (https) websites, such as for banking, trading, etc.
- CAN'T watch videos, browse and send/receive medium-to-large size pictures, videos, PDFs
- CAN'T use messaging apps (Messenger, Skype, WhatsApp, etc.), including video chats.
Have more questions? Submit a request