Follow these steps to install Sattmail (XGate) software (with built-in PredictWind Offshore app) on a Mac computer:
- If you have had any XGate-family software (XGate, Sattmail, Speedmail, etc.) before, we recommend that the previous version be completely removed before installing a new version.
- Make sure you have the latest MacOS version and updates (Click the apple icon in left upper corner of screen, select About This Mac, click Software Update... and install any updates available). Restart your computer.
- On your Mac, download the latest version of Sattmail software for MacOS.
- After the download is complete, locate the xgsetup.dmg installation file (usually in the Downloads folder) and double click to start the installation process.
- In the pop-up Install Software window, drag the Sattmail icon into the Application folder. Wait up to a minute for the program to complete copying.
- Restart your computer, installation is now complete.
- After installation is complete, we suggest that you don't delete the installation file (xgsetup.dmg) from your computer in case it should be needed for re-installation when downloading of the large file will not be possible.