Iridium Extreme PTT current firmware: HP17004
Download the HP17004 firmware update tool and instructions: http://bit.ly/IRPTT-Firmware
- Iridium Extreme PTT handset with f/w HP15003 and later
- Upgrade tool was tested on Windows 7
List of changes in HP17004:
- Addressed an issue in both telephony and push-to-talk mode where channel assignments were inadvertently being discarded.
- Resolved a pair of issues in push-to-talk mode where an infrequent race condition and failure mode in the over-the-air provisioning could result in the talkgroups indicated on the handset being out-of-sync with the push-to-talk gateway elements.
- Fixed a set of memory leaks in push-to-talk mode that could cause the handset to become unstable when operated for long periods of time.
- Fixed an edge-case issue in push-to-talk mode that could cause the handset to stop indicating the current received signal strength.
- Updated product software to be compatible with most current handset hardware.
WARNING, please read!
- Read the entire document with instructions before attempting an upgrade!
- All firmware upgrades, tools and instructions have been designed, produced and provided by Iridium Communications, Inc. By performing a firmware upgrade, you will assume all and any risk. Your equipment may be damaged or bricked and repair may be required. SATTRANS shall not be responsible for any damage to your equipment and/or costs of repair/replacement as a result of firmware upgrades.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
List of changes in previous versions:
- Improved accuracy of reporting when SMS storage on the SIM has reached capacity.
- Updated startup splash screen to display a NEXT constellation satellite.
- Improved handset upgrade: added support for Windows 10; required drivers are now installed automatically; and the upgrade itself is faster in some situations.
- Added functionality to allow short codes to be stored in the phonebook, used from the phonebook, and dialed directly.
- Improved responsiveness to power button press to turn the handset off.
- Improved the translations for some non-English menu languages, added support for all languages in push-to-talk mode, and added Kurdish (Sorani) as a new language option.
- Fixed issue where a redialed SOS call would show "Calling %s" instead of the correct number.
- Fixed an issue where Location Based Services would not work correctly after a power cycle with the charger connected.
- Improved reporting of signal strength on the user interface and the AT interface.
- Fixed an issue where a remote DTMF button press could unmute a local handset.
- Use of SBD services is now permitted when no SIM card is present in the handset. (Note: Mobile-Terminated SBD messages are not supported on the Iridium Extreme PTT handset.)
- Added an alert to notify the user that the antenna should be extended when placing a push-to-talk call.
- Various minor user interface improvements in push-to-talk mode.
- Removed delay that could occur in some situations after a user initiates the switch to push-to-talk mode from the menu option.
- Fixed an issue where AT commands could not be used after switching between push-to-talk and telephony modes.
- Improved screen signal strength indications to more quickly reflect the signal strength seen by the handset when in push-to-talk mode.