Iridium Extreme PTT current firmware: HP21001
(Enter *#91# on your phone's keypad to find out the phone's firmware version)
Note: If your Extreme PTT handset has firmware version HP15003 (5 years old!), it is strongly recommended that a firmware update is done as soon as possible.
Download the firmware update tool and Instructions: http://bit.ly/IRPTT-Firmware
- Iridium Extreme PTT handset with f/w HP15003 and later
- NOT compatible with the telephony-only Iridium Extreme 9575 handset, more info
- Upgrade tool was tested on Windows 10
List of changes in HP21001:
- Added optional audible indication of network connectivity status changes (user-configurable).
- Improved probability of push-to-talk listeners hearing the Release Tone after the talker has released
- Improved communication channel selection algorithm used when establishing a connection with the network in telephony mode.
- Added stronger validation checking of periodic radio calibration changes before storing to persistent memory in telephony mode.
- Improved communication channel timing alignment between the transceiver and network in push-to-talk mode.
- Reduced delay of talkgroup activity indications to user in push-to-talk mode.
- Improved reliability of call setup in push-to-talk mode.
- Enhanced the communication channel selection algorithm used when communicating with the
network in push-to-talk mode.
- Optimized radio management algorithm to improve allocation of receiver resource in push-to-talk
- Addressed issue in push-to-talk mode where channel assignments were inadvertently being
WARNING, please read!
- Read the entire document with instructions before attempting an upgrade!
- All firmware upgrades, tools and instructions have been designed, produced, and provided by Iridium Communications, Inc. By performing a firmware upgrade, you will assume all and any risk. Your equipment may be damaged or bricked and costly repairs may be required. Sattrans USA shall not be responsible for any damage to your equipment and/or costs of repair/replacement as a result of firmware upgrades.
Contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
List of changes in previous versions:
- Leveraged enhancements offered by the Iridium NEXT constellation to improve network connectivity and improve reception of transceiver ring notifications from the core network.
- Fixed an issue preventing display of predictive help content.
- Corrected an issue preventing display of firmware version in French.
- Updated Iridium branding content in Upgrade Tool.
- Resolved an issue wherein when the user attempted to enter the SMS menu when the outbox on the SIM was full the handset would reboot.
- Enhanced GPS receiver performance when handset is powered from external sources including docking stations.
- Modified battery charging algorithm to ensure compliance with battery specifications.
- Addressed an issue in both telephony and push-to-talk mode where channel assignments were inadvertently being discarded.
- Resolved a pair of issues in push-to-talk mode where an infrequent race condition and failure mode in the over-the-air provisioning could result in the talkgroups indicated on the handset being out-of-sync with the push-to-talk gateway elements.
- Fixed a set of memory leaks in push-to-talk mode that could cause the handset to become unstable when operated for long periods of time.
- Fixed an edge-case issue in push-to-talk mode that could cause the handset to stop indicating the current received signal strength.
- Updated product software to be compatible with most current handset hardware.
- Improved accuracy of reporting when SMS storage on the SIM has reached capacity.
- Updated startup splash screen to display a NEXT constellation satellite.
- Improved handset upgrade: added support for Windows 10; required drivers are now installed automatically; and the upgrade itself is faster in some situations.
- Added functionality to allow short codes to be stored in the phonebook, used from the phonebook, and dialed directly.
- Improved responsiveness to power button press to turn the handset off.
- Improved the translations for some non-English menu languages, added support for all languages in push-to-talk mode, and added Kurdish (Sorani) as a new language option.
- Fixed issue where a redialed SOS call would show "Calling %s" instead of the correct number.
- Fixed an issue where Location Based Services would not work correctly after a power cycle with the charger connected.
- Improved reporting of signal strength on the user interface and the AT interface.
- Fixed an issue where a remote DTMF button press could unmute a local handset.
- Use of SBD services is now permitted when no SIM card is present in the handset. (Note: Mobile-Terminated SBD messages are not supported on the Iridium Extreme PTT handset.)
- Added an alert to notify the user that the antenna should be extended when placing a push-to-talk call.
- Various minor user interface improvements in push-to-talk mode.
- Removed delay that could occur in some situations after a user initiates the switch to push-to-talk mode from the menu option.
- Fixed an issue where AT commands could not be used after switching between push-to-talk and telephony modes.
- Improved screen signal strength indications to more quickly reflect the signal strength seen by the handset when in push-to-talk mode.