Iridium 9555 current firmware: HT18001
(Enter *#91# on your phone's keypad to find out the phone's firmware version)
Download the firmware update tool and Instructions: http://bit.ly/9555-Firmware
- Iridium 9555 with f/w HT11001 and later, see notes in Instructions.
- Upgrade tool was tested on Windows 10
List of changes in HT18001:
- Addressed an issue where channel assignments were inadvertently being discarded in some situations thereby improving overall handset performance.
- Modified battery charging algorithm to ensure compliance with battery specifications.
WARNING, please read!
- Read the enitre document with instructions before attempting an upgrade!
- Phonebook reset. When upgrading an Iridium 9555 handset from firmware versions earlier than release candidate HT14004 all phonebook entries will be lost. Read all phonebook warnings in the instructions document.
- Inability to downgrade. It is not possible to downgrade to a firmware version prior to HT15002 once an upgrade to HT15002 or later is performed.
- All firmware upgrades, tools and instructions have been designed, produced and provided by Iridium Communications, Inc. By performing a firmware upgrade, you will assume all and any risk. Your equipment may be damaged or bricked and repair may be required. SATTRANS shall not be responsible for any damage to your equipment and/or costs of repair/replacement as a result of firmware upgrades.
Contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
List of changes in previous versions:
- Improved accuracy of reporting when SMS storage on the SIM has reached capacity.
- Added functionality to allow short codes to be stored in the phonebook, used from the phonebook, and dialed directly.
- Improved responsiveness to power button press to turn the handset off.
- Improved reporting of signal strength on the user interface and the AT interface.
- Fixed an issue where a remote DTMF button press could unmute a local handset.
- Other minor changes (read the instructions document).
- Calls to the Australian emergency services number “000” are now are permitted when no SIM card is installed in the handset.
- Added necessary conversions for display of time on user interface in Iridium network era 2 and other era detection and transition improvements.
- Corrected an issue that would arise when the handset was transmitting and receiving SMS messages at the same time.