Take the following steps to ensure the proper functioning of your Iridium satellite phone:
- Fully charge the phone's battery.
- Insert the SIM-card (chip) in the SIM slot under the phone's battery.
- Go outside with a clear view of the sky. Turn the phone on and ensure that the antenna is extended and pointing straight up toward the sky. Wait for the phone to register on the network - the LED indicator on top of the phone will be flashing green and you will see "IRIDIUM Registered" on the display.
- To place a call, dial 00, the country code, the area / network code and the phone number. Press the green button to start the call. A phone number in the U.S. should be dialed in this sequence: 00-1-480-752-5105. More info...
- To hang up, press the red button.
- To answer an incoming call, extend the antenna, and press the green button